Cloud Hypervisor v0.10.0 Released!
Posted September 18, 2020 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked through the 0.10.0 project.
cloud-hypervisor version 0.10.0 include:
virtio-block Support for Multiple Descriptors
virtio-block device drivers may generate requests with multiple descriptors and support has been added for those drivers.
Support has been added for fine grained control of memory allocation for the guest. This includes controlling the backing of sections of guest memory, assigning to specific host NUMA nodes and assigning memory and vCPUs to specific memory nodes inside the guest. Full details of this can be found in the memory documentation.
Seccomp Sandbox Improvements
All the remaining threads and devices are now isolated within their own
seccomp filters. This provides a layer of sandboxing and enhances the security model of
Preliminary KVM HyperV Emulation Control
A new option (
kvm_hyperv) has been added to
--cpus to provide an option to toggle on KVM’s HyperV emulation support. This enables progress towards booting Windows without adding extra emulated devices.
Notable Bug Fixes
- When using
ch-remoteto resize the VM parameter now accepts the standard sizes suffices (#1596)
cloud-hypervisorno longer panics when started with
--memory hotplug_method=virtio-memand no
- After a reboot memory can remove when using
--versionshows the version for released binaries (#1669)
- Errors generated by worker threads for
virtiodevices are now printed out (#1551)
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our 0.10.0 release including some new faces.
- Alyssa Ross email@example.com
- Amey Narkhede firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anatol Belski email@example.com
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hui Zhu email@example.com
- Michael Zhao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muminul Islam email@example.com
- Rob Bradford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samuel Ortiz email@example.com
- Sebastien Boeuf firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wei Liu email@example.com
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.