Cloud Hypervisor v0.14.0 Released!
Posted March 26, 2021 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked through the 0.14.0 project.
cloud-hypervisor version 0.14.0 include:
Structured event monitoring
A new option was added to the VMM
--event-monitor which reports structured
events (JSON) over a file or file descriptor at key events in the lifecycle of
the VM. The list of events is limited at the moment but will be further
extended over subsequent releases. The events exposed form part of the Cloud
Hypervisor API surface.
Basic support has been added for running Windows guests atop the MSHV hypervisor as an alternative to KVM and further improvements have been made to the MSHV support.
Improved aarch64 platform
The aarch64 platform has been enhanced with more devices exposed to the running VM including an enhanced serial UART.
Updated hotplug documentation
The documentation for the hotplug support has been updated to reflect the use
ch-remote tool and to include details of
virtio-mem based hotplug as
well as documenting hotplug of paravirtualised and VFIO devices.
PTY control for serial and
--console parameters can now direct the console to a PTY
allowing programmatic control of the console from another process through the
Block device rate limiting
The block device performance can now be constrained as part of the VM configuration allowing rate limiting. Full details of the controls are in the IO throttling doumentation.
Deprecated features will be removed in a subsequent release and users should plan to use alternatives
- Support for booting with the “LinuxBoot” protocol for ELF and
bzImagebinaries has been deprecated. When using direct boot users should configure their kernel with
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our 0.14.0 release including some new faces.
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry Wang Henry.Wang@arm.com
- Iggy Jackson email@example.com
- Jiachen Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Zhao email@example.com
- Muminul Islam firstname.lastname@example.org
- Penny Zheng Penny.Zheng@arm.com
- Rob Bradford email@example.com
- Sebastien Boeuf firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vineeth Pillai email@example.com
- Wei Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Douglas email@example.com
- Zide Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.