Cloud Hypervisor v17.0 Released!
Posted July 22, 2021 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked through the v17.0 project.
ARM64 NUMA support using ACPI
The support for ACPI on ARM64 has been enhanced to include support for specifying a NUMA configuration using the existing control options.
Seccomp support for MSHV backend
seccomp rules have now been extended to support running against the MSHV
macvtap devices is now supported with the file descriptor for the
network device if opened by the user and passed to the VMM. The
tool supports this functionality when adding a network device.
Improved SGX support
The SGX support has been updated to match the latest Linux kernel support and now supports SGX provisioning and associating EPC sections to NUMA nodes.
Inflight tracking for
Support for handling inflight tracking of I/O requests has been added to the
vhost-user devices allowing recovery after device reconnection.
Notable bug fixes
- VFIO PCI BAR calculation code now correctly handles I/O BARs (#2821).
- The VMM side of
vhost-userdevices no longer advertise the
VIRTIO_F_RING_PACKEDfeature as they are not yet supported in the VMM (#2833).
- On ARM64 VMs can be created with more than 16 vCPUs (#2763).
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Anatol Belski email@example.com
- Arafatms firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bo Chen email@example.com
- Fei Li firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry Wang Henry.Wang@arm.com
- Jiachen Zhang email@example.com
- Jianyong Wu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Li Hangjing email@example.com
- Michael Zhao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muminul Islam email@example.com
- Rob Bradford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sebastien Boeuf email@example.com
- Wei Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yukiteru email@example.com
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.