Cloud Hypervisor v19.0 Released!
Posted October 14, 2021 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked through the v19.0 project.
Improved PTY handling for serial and
The PTY support for serial has been enhanced with improved buffering when the
the PTY is not yet connected to. Using
virtio-console with PTY now results in
the console being resized if the PTY window is also resized.
PCI boot time optimisations
Multiple optimisations have been made to the PCI handling resulting in significant improvements in the boot time of the guest.
Improved TDX support
When using the latest TDVF firmware the ACPI tables created by the VMM are now exposed via the firmware to the guest.
Live migration enhancements
Live migration support has been enhanced to support migration with
based memory hotplug and the
virtio-balloon device now supports live
virtio-mem support with
The use of
vfio-user userspaces devices can now be used in conjunction with
virtio-mem based memory hotplug and unplug.
A paravirtualised IOMMU can now be used on the AArch64 platform.
Notable bug fixes
- ACPI hotplugged memory is correctly restored after a live migration or snapshot/restore (#3165)
- Multiple devices from the same IOMMU group can be passed through via VFIO (#3078 #3113)
- Live migration with large blocks of memory was buggy due to an in issue in the underlying crate (#3157)
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Alyssa Ross email@example.com
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry Wang Henry.Wang@arm.com
- Hui Zhu email@example.com
- Jianyong Wu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Li Yu email@example.com
- Michael Zhao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muminul Islam email@example.com
- Rob Bradford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sebastien Boeuf email@example.com
- Wei Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Douglas email@example.com
- Yu Li firstname.lastname@example.org
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.