Cloud Hypervisor v25.0 Released!
Posted July 7, 2022 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 1 min read
This release has been tracked through the v25.0 project.
ch-remote command has gained support for creating the VM from a JSON
config and support for booting and deleting the VM from the VMM.
VM “Coredump” Support
guest_debug feature flag it is now possible to extract the memory
of the guest for use in debugging with e.g. the
crash utility. (#4012)
Notable Bug Fixes
- Always restore console mode on exit (#4249, #4248)
- Restore vCPUs in numerical order which fixes aarch64 snapshot/restore (#4244)
- Don’t try and configure
IFF_RUNNINGon TAP devices (#4279)
- Propagate configured queue size through to vhost-user backend (#4286)
- Always Program vCPU CPUID before running the vCPU to fix running on Linux 5.16 (#4156)
- Enable ACPI MADT “Online Capable” flag for hotpluggable vCPUs to fix newer Linux guest
The following functionality has been removed:
mergeableoption from the
virtio-pmemsupport has been removed (#3968)
daxoption from the
virtio-fssupport has been removed (#3889)
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Dylan Bargatze firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jinank Jain email@example.com
- Michael Zhao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Bradford email@example.com
- Sebastien Boeuf firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wei Liu email@example.com
- Yi Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.