Cloud Hypervisor v26.0 Released!
Posted August 17, 2022 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked through the v26.0 project.
SMBIOS Improvements via
--platform and the appropriate API structure has gained support for supplying
OEM strings (primarily used to communicate metadata to systemd in the guest)
(#4319, #4446) and support for specifying the UUID (#4389.)
Unified Binary MSHV and KVM Support
Support for both the MSHV and KVM hypervisors can be compiled into the same binary with the detection of the hypervisor to use made at runtime.
Notable Bug Fixes
- The prefetchable flag is preserved on BARs for VFIO devices (#4353, #4454)
- PCI Express capabilties for functionality we do not support are now filtered out (#4456)
- GDB breakpoint support is more reliable (#4354, #4363)
SIGTERMsignals are now handled before the VM has booted (#4269, #4293)
- Multiple API event loop handling bug fixes (#4309, #4362)
- Incorrect assumptions in virtio queue numbering were addressed, allowing
virtio-fsdriver in OVMF to be used (#4341, #4314)
- VHDX file format header fix (#4291)
- The same VFIO device cannot be added twice (#4453, #4463)
- SMBIOS tables were being incorrectly generated (#4442)
Deprecated features will be removed in a subsequent release and users should plan to use alternatives.
- The top-level
initramfsmembers on the
VmConfighave been moved inside a
payloadmember. The OpenAPI document has been updated to reflect the change and the old API members continue to function and are mapped to the new version. The expectation is that these old versions will be removed in the v28.0 release.
The following functionality has been removed:
- The unused
poll_queueparameter has been removed from
--diskand equivalent. This was residual from the removal of the
vhost-user-blockspawning feature (#4402.)
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Alyssa Ross email@example.com
- Anatol Belski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archana Shinde email@example.com
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- lizhaoxin1 Lxiaoyouling@163.com
- Maximilian Nitsch email@example.com
- Michael Zhao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Bradford email@example.com
- Sebastien Boeuf firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven Dake email@example.com
- Wei Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.