Cloud Hypervisor v31.0 Released!
Posted April 6, 2023 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked in our roadmap project as iteration v31.0. The following user visible changes have been made:
Update to Latest
Adapted to the latest acpi_tables. There has been significant API changes in the crate.
Update Reference Kernel to 6.2
Updated the recommended guest kernel version from 6.1.6 to 6.2.
Improvements on Console
A separate thread had been created to capture the
SIGWINCH signal and resize
the guest console. Now the thread is skipped if the console is not resizable.
Two completely different code paths existed for handling console resizing, one
tty and the other for
pty. That makes the understanding of the console
handling code unnecessarily complicated. Now the code paths are unified. Both
pty are supported in single
SIGWINCH handler. And the new handler
can works with kernel versions earlier than v5.5.
Remove Directory Support from
Setting a directory to
MemoryZoneConfig::file is no longer supported.
Before this change, user can set a directory to
file of the
option. In that case, a temporary file will be created as the backing file for
mmap(2) operation. This functionality has been unnecessary since we had
the native support for hugepages and allocating anonymous shared memory.
- Various improvements in API document
- Improvements in Doc comments
- Updated Slack channel information in README
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed the offset setting while removing the entire mapping of
- Fixed the
Shutdowncommands to call the correct API endpoint.
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Alyssa Ross email@example.com
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Farina email@example.com
- Dom firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hao Xu email@example.com
- Muminul Islam firstname.lastname@example.org
- Omer Faruk Bayram email@example.com
- Ravi kumar Veeramally firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Bradford email@example.com
- Ruslan Mstoi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smit Gardhariya email@example.com
- Yang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yong He email@example.com
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.