Cloud Hypervisor v34.0 Released!
Posted August 10, 2023 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked in our roadmap project as iteration v34.0. The following user visible changes have been made:
Paravirtualised Panic Device Support
A new device has been added that can communicate when the guest kernel has panicked and share those details with the VMM. This is controlled with a new
--pvpanic command line option and JSON API change equivalent. (#5526)
Improvements to VM Core Dump
Requesting to dump the guest memory as core dump will now transparently pause the VM if required; returning to the original state after. (#5604)
QCOW2 Support for Backing Files
The support for QCOW2 files has been enhanced to include support for using backing files. (#5573)
Minimum Host Kernel Bump
The minimum supported host kernel is now 5.13 in order to incorporate a bug fix for
KVM_FEATURE_ASYNC_PF_INT functionality. (#5626)
Notable Bug Fixes
- The x86 emulator is only compiled in if MSHV is compiled in (the kernel carries out this job with KVM) (#5561).
- A regression has been fixed in VFIO support for devices that use MSI rather than MSI-X (#5658).
- When triggering a VM shutdown or reset via I/O the vCPU thread will be blocked until that asynchronous event has been received (#5645).
- Pausing a VM is now a synchronous action with the request only completing when all vCPUs are paused (#5611).
- Event monitor support now correctly supports concurrent access (#5633).
- Bug fixes for the QCOW2 file support (#5573).
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Alyssa Ross firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anatol Belski email@example.com
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changyuan Lyu email@example.com
- Christian Blichmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manish Goregaokar email@example.com
- Omer Faruk Bayram firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philipp Schuster email@example.com
- Praveen K Paladugu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Bradford email@example.com
- Ruslan Mstoi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yi Wang email@example.com
- Yong He firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yu Li email@example.com
- dom.song firstname.lastname@example.org
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.