Cloud Hypervisor v36.0 Released!
Posted November 2, 2023 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked in our roadmap project as iteration v36.0. The following user visible changes have been made:
Command Line Changes
We switched back to use the
clap crate to create our command line,
argh crate is barely maintained. There were several syntax
--option valuecommands now are
--disk DISK1 --disk DISK2command now is
--disk DISK1 DISK2.
-v -v -vcommand now is
Note: the released binary size increased around 0.3M due to this change.
Enabled Features Reported via API Endpoint and CLI
Now the enabled (Cargo) features of the running Cloud Hypervisor
instance can be queried via API endpoint (
/vmm.ping) and CLI
NUMA Support for PCI segments
--numa command is augmented with a new option
that users can define the relationship between PCI segments and NUMA
nodes. Examples can be found from the memory documentation
CPU Topology Support on AMD Platforms
Now the CPU topology on x86_64 platforms supports multiple vendors.
Unix Socket Backend for Serial Port
--serial command is augmented with a new option
users to access the serial port using a Unix socket.
AIO Backend for Block Devices
An AIO backend is added for
virtio-block devices to improve block
device performance when the
io_uring feature is not supported by the
host Operating System.
- New documentation for collecting coverage data
- Various typo fixes
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fix a deadlock when TDX is enabled (#5845)
- Only advertise AMX feature bits to guest when the AMX cpu feature is enabled (#5834)
- Correct default value for vCPU topology on AArch64 (#5893)
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Anatol Belski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bo Chen email@example.com
- Dario Nieuwenhuis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jianyong Wu email@example.com
- Jinank Jain firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muminul Islam email@example.com
- Praveen K Paladugu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ravi kumar Veeramally email@example.com
- Rob Bradford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Barrett email@example.com
- Wei Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yi Wang email@example.com
- dom.song firstname.lastname@example.org
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.