Cloud Hypervisor v37.0 Released!
Posted December 14, 2023 by Cloud Hypervisor Team ‐ 2 min read
This release has been tracked in our roadmap project as iteration v37.0. The following user visible changes have been made:
Long Term Support (LTS) Release
This release is a LTS release. Point releases for bug fixes will be made for the next 18 months; live migration and live upgrade will be supported between the point releases of the LTS.
Multiple PCI segments Support for 32-bit VFIO Devices
Now VFIO devices with 32-bit memory BARs can be attached to non-zero PCI segments on the guest, allowing users to have more 32-bit devices and assign such devices to appropriate NUMA nodes for better performance.
Configurable Named TAP Devices
Named TAP devices now accepts IP configuration from users, such as IP and MAC address, as long as the named TAP device is created by Cloud Hypervisor (e.g. not existing TAP devices).
TTY Output from Both Serial Device and Virtio Console
Now legacy serial device and virtio console can be set as TTY mode as
the same time. This allows users to capture early boot logs with the
legacy serial device without losing performance benefits of using
virtio-console, when appropriate kernel configuration is used (such as
using kernel command-line
console=hvc0 earlyprintk=ttyS0 on x86).
Faster VM Restoration from Snapshots
The speed of VM restoration from snapshots is improved with a better implementation of deserializing JSON files.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fix aio backend behavior for block devices when writeback cache disabled (#5930)
- Fix PvPanic device PCI BAR alignment (#5956)
- Bug fix to OpenAPI specification file (#5967)
- Error out early for live migration when TDX is enabled (#6025)
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our release:
- Bo Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jinank Jain email@example.com
- Markus Sütter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Zhao email@example.com
- Muminul Islam firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Bradford email@example.com
- Rui Chang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruslan Mstoi email@example.com
- Thomas Barrett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wei Liu email@example.com
- Yi Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yong He email@example.com
See the GitHub Release for the release assets.